1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Anger Release

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Man-E, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Man-E

Man-E Member

Do you have some effective hints I could use to release anger? Especially that automatic angry reaction I sometimes have and it comes so fast that I don’t even have the time to tell myself to calm down to intelligently respond. Can LifeFlow help to speed up the process of letting go of this automatic reaction?

2. Scott_11:11

Scott_11:11 Member

I would say, over the long run, LifeFlow would help you release that anger. Anger is just the reaction of you being pushed over your stress threshold. As you meditate with LifeFlow, over time, that threshold is raised to the point where your system can face those kinds of stresses without falling into the reactionary responses such as anger,etc.

Something else I'd suggest would be to try out The Sedona Method or EFT. Either one will work wonderfully with LifeFlow. Those are more likely processes you can use in the moment.

3. Ta-tsu-wa

Ta-tsu-wa Member

Anger

I was teaching a class of children a short while back and a girl about 12 years old made one of those profound statements that children so often do. She said to me, "I'm a person who thinks with my heart first and my head second."

What she meant was that her instinctive response to new, incoming information is filtered first through emotions before logic and reason get a chance to evaluate things. As soon as she said it a light went off in my head that all of us probably lean one way or the other most of the time. I think I'm like this little girl. If someone comes to me and suggests I do this, that, or the other thing, my first reaction is a feeling; an emotional reaction. It might be positive, it might be negative, but I feel it before I think about it.

Sometimes a short while later my logic circuits engage and they overturn my initial emotional response. Sometimes they validate it. But I realized that just understanding I'm a "heart thinker" first and a "head thinker" second gives me a great advantage if I just keep in mind that my "first brain" will usually have an emotional reaction but I should always give it space for that "second brain" to make its appearance and either validate or override that first reaction before I take action on something. That way I get the best of both worlds.

I'll be serious pushups if you examined yourself you would find those angry feelings you mentioned arise because you, too, tend to think with the emotional brain first. Try making it a habit not to respond to situations (unless its absolutely necessary) until both brains engage. It will save others from suffering your wrath unnecessarily and probably save you some grief as well.

4. jeanie

jeanie Member

I found this really true when thinking about how i am dealing with my problems at the moment.
    Very insightful and very helpful.

Thankyou.
    :)

5. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

After raising 6 children; I've realized that they were and are my best teachers.
    I don't really think I had much to do with the way they turned out. All I did was haze them from the edge a few times.

Now, the trouble with anger is that a person can become addicted to the action itself as well as the results. I've been here and looked at this scenario. This is a very hard one to get a handle on. Staying in the moment (at least during trigger periods) is key to overcoming advanced stages of anger.
    I think the above advise is very good along with LF. I think the one thing that helped me the most is meditation. I had almost completely gotten away from re-acting to things when I came to LF. However, I think LF and EFT have made the process much easier and with long lasting benefits.

gus