1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

An awesome lesson

Discussion in 'Thought For Today' started by aussie, Oct 5, 2011.

1. aussie

aussie Member

"An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy. "It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil. He is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other is good. He is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevole...nce, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. This same fight is going on inside you, and inside every other person, too." The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?" The old Cherokee replied simply, "The one you feed." - Cherokee Wisdom

2. brozen

brozen Member

*Like*

It seems all hunter/gatherer societies came up with this same kind of wisdom expressed in different ways. I'd love to have seen how cherokee/eskimo/kalahari bushmen etc societies worked. With wisdom like this literally being taught to everyone in a society, can imagine it worked out to be a pretty peaceful and full life for everyone involved.

3. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Thanks for sharing this Aussie :) Have not come accross it before - such wisdom in the answer of 4 words ;) I wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thanks for sharing, i like it :)

Sharing it on FB :D