1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

An Amazing Massage

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by pollyanna, May 30, 2008.

1. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

It was mothers day on Sunday in France and my children treated me to a holistic body massage which I had this afternoon. I came home and meditated to LifeFlow 1 straight away. Whether it was the combination of the two or the natural progression of LifeFlow, I don't know, I felt so vibrant and aware yet the quiet and stillness I can't describe. Saying I felt so peaceful and happy is like a huge understatement. I wish you all such peace and joy :) :) :)

2. Mike_H

Mike_H Member

Pollyanna
    It looks like the PERFECT mother's day!!!. Good for you!!.. It is allways nice to read your posts. My best wishes to you and your family.

I've just started lifeflow 8 this week. I'm really happy with the results so far and each level gets better, so once I get to lifeflow 1, I look forward to booking my massage and do my meditation right away... I will let you know if it was a coincidence :))

Mike

3. TwoPynts

TwoPynts Member

Why wait?

Go get a massage, then go home and listen to LF 8. ;)

I've had some great massages in my day. A hot stone massage is quite an experience, just be sure to get one with an experienced masseuse. ((ouch!))

Hot Stone Massage - Benefits of Hot Stone Therapy

Also, a cranial sacral massage might be a wonderful prelude to a meditation session.

Cranial Sacral Massage

4. Aghora

Aghora Member

Massage is just another way to open the channels of energy ( meridians or nadis). When they are open it is a lot easier to enter in deep states of meditation. (this is one of the reasons why in Yoga practice meditation comes after asana (posture) and pranayama (breathing techniques). For most people one massage is not necessarily going to produce this effect, but maybe because you have a constant practice of meditation you had a fast result. If you want, next Mother’s Day :) maybe you can try a hot stone massage- it helps to open even better. Shiatsu or Quantum Touch are powerful as well.

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

No coincidence

Another Mothers day massage yesterday proved to be just as beneficial as last years - only this year I meditated to LF10 at the same time. Felt like I was walking on air afterwards :)

Still haven't found anyone who does hot stones yet but I'll keep an open mind. I wish you continued peace and joy on your amazing journey :) :) :)

6. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Very interesting Polly,
    I give hot stone massages to my wife on occasion. I've had them myself and they are unspeakably wonderful. Hopefully you can find a hot stone masseuse somewhere someday. . . Keep looking;)

gus