1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Acceptance

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by jeanie, Apr 23, 2009.

1. jeanie

jeanie Member

I have recently posted on other boards about the things that are happening in my life right now but i felt i must share my revelations of the past few hours.....

During meditation today i can across a very quiet place inside where i found i could keep all the anger, hurt and dissappointment away.......MY....what a liberating feeling!! To see things you had closed yourself off from, beautiful things.

I must say that its left me with a very level head about my life......i honeslty can say that something has clicked in me....i dont know where it came from but i feel that i am accepting things in my life that i wouldn't have dreamed about before.....What a freeing experience!!

When we hold on to anger and all other negitive feelings we are only hurting ourselves. Im not saying that these feeling dont serve a purpose but i cant begin to explain how im feeling as i have moved on to opening myself back up to be happy.

I didn't realise that the power was in me all along..only i had the key!!....it was always in my mind that if this was different, if that was better....you know how it goes.

I have a long road to walk...but i walk it with hope and excitment in my heart.

Just thought i'd share

Be happy
    :)

2. filly33

filly33 Member

Yo Jeanie.

Great to hear this! I feel happy for you that you have found a place inside that you can enjoy the calm joy that is always there. I recently stopped looking at my thoughts for the answer, and I have to say, it's quite amazing. I too have opened up a space inside myself, and I am practicing being in the moment completely.

Great to hear of your progress with meditation and in life, and thanks so much for sharing. Cheers, and enjoy the rest of your April. The bloom approaches:).

Mitch

3. Still Waters

Still Waters Member

That is very positive and thank you for sharing it with us :)

Chris

AKA Harry Haddock

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

This sounds great jeanie. I had a similar experience or insight, where i "felt" that i am the only one who decides if something is negativ or positiv.

Its one thing to know something logical or to live/feel it.

Pan

5. sliccy

sliccy Member

What a great quote!

As I read this, I had a sort of imagination. I found myself in a dark room where all I could see was a locked door. Behind that door was everything you could imagine, happiness, joy, abundance, love, everything! And the only person with the key to open it is me, no one else.

A feeling sort of independence came through me, knowing that the power was within me.

I normally don't share anything like this, but this community is extremely friendly so I just had to. Thank you for posting this Jeanie.

-Andy

6. jeanie

jeanie Member

Hiya thanks for all the encouragment...:D

It is a bit like a light being turned on inside.
    I always used to think that bad things always seemed to happen to me and would feel sad, angry and miserable as i was waiting for the good.
    Now i believe we all have our share of trouble but it is the way we view it that matters and affects the way we feel about it.

So the 'good' that i was waiting for comes from within.

For me, to accept that i cant control what others do or say but only the way i recieve them has been a wonderful life changing experience.

Thanks again folks

Be happy
    :)

7. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Thank You

For sharing your thoughts and feelings with us. Glad to here you have found some peace in your life.

gus

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

That sounds increadibly like something that Pollyanna said a while ago !

Something along the lines of thinking that feeling sad and miserable felt like that you were "enduring" or putting up a brave face, and actually feeling good about feeling bad. Pollyanna overcame that feeling, and it looks like you did too !

You are an inspiration !

9. jeanie

jeanie Member

Thanks Edwin,

I am so pleased i came across Project Meditation.

Feels like i've finally come home and found where i'd hid my happiness...lol.

:D