1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

A special message

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by pollyanna, May 3, 2010.

1. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

One Christmas when we had very little money my grown up daughters made 9 pretty little boxes, one for each member of the family. Each one of us wrote a little about what they valued in each member of the family folded the paper up and placed it in the personalised box.

It cost nothing monetary wise and yet we all remember how special that particular Christmas was.

Last year I purchased special family boxes as there are 4 households within my immediate family. In each of these I placed an assortment of scented hearts and teddies on minature clip boards along with various little notelets to enable little kind words of appreciation and love to be left on pillows,in lunch boxes, pegged on curtains or napkins etc.

As I visit my childrens homes, now and again, I see these being used and the pleasure they bring. One or two friends have also created the same kind of thing in their own families.

When I arrived at my desk this morning I found a lovely note from one of my girls - I know she placed it there because I had a pretty challenging week last week - anyway I thought I'd share it with all you mums and dads:-

When you thought I wasn't looking,
    I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator,
    and I wanted to paint another one.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make my favorite cake for me,
    and I knew that little things are special things.

"When you thought I wasn't looking, I heard you say a prayer,
    and I believed there is a God I could always talk to.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I felt you kiss me goodnight,
    and I felt loved.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw tears come from your eyes,
    and I learned that sometimes things hurt, but it's all right to cry.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw that you cared
    and I wanted to be everything that I could be.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I looked...
    and wanted to say thanks for all the things
    I saw when you thought I wasn't looking."

I hope you enjoyed it too and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

2. John

John Member

Thanks Polyanna - It is so true that it is often the small things in life that mean so much and which are remembered.Often at times we personally feel things we do are taken for granted by others/family but in the long term come to be appreciated in retrospect as they themselves mature and grow in experience of life.