1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

A question or two about Lifeflow...

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Whitefort, Dec 15, 2007.

1. monkeymind

monkeymind Member

Will Lifeflow pester me to buy more stuff...?

Hi,
    I'm interested in trying Lifeflow but having bought the first level of Holosync and been inundated with brazenly greedy money-grabbing emails ever since, I'm a little wary. I'm wondering if the same will happen if I subscribe to Lifeflow... Can anyone tell me?
    Thanks............

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Monkeymind,

No, you don't get inundated with sales emails at all. The most you get from Michael is a newsletter which, if you've signed up here to download the Discover Meditation course, you will probably be on the list to get already. However, that's a good thing as the newsletter usually contains much valuable advice.

If you don't sign up to Lifeflow you do occassionaly get some emails telling you about it's benefits and obviously trying to get you to sign up to it, although I'm sure you can unsubscribe from those if you choose (if the options not there, just use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page on this forum and ask the Admin team to take you off the email list).

Quite simply, if you sign up to Lifeflow, you will only get an email to remind you when your next level becomes available to download (assuming you're going for the download option and not the hard CD option). There's certainly no hard-selling money-grabbing emails involved from my experience.

Also, if you do sign up to Lifeflow, the default is that you get the next level on a monthly basis. If that doesn't suit you e.g. you'd prefer them every 2 months you can just contact admin to request that and they'll do what they can to accomodate. And, if you get so far with the levels and then want to stop you can easily request that too and pick up where you left off later on should you wish to do so.

The admin team here are very helpful and do what they can to suit your individual needs. (speaking from personal experience, they haven't paid me to say that :D)

Hugs

Giles

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

I emailed them my bank account number but unfortunately, nothing as of yet :p ( this is a joke of course )

4. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

As a Holosync customer, I know exactly what Monkeymind means. It is a source of continual amusement to me, as most of the products they recommend in their weekly (or more) emails would be unnecessary if the original product did what it was originally claimed to do.

And no, it is quite different here. Actually that was a main reason for me to switch, apart from the presence of Ta-Tsu-Wa.

5. Grey

Grey Member

you and Ta-Tsu-Wa already knew each other before you joined this community? a nippy scootch of a swim from Norway to Alaska.

6. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

No, I did not know him at all. My guiding spirit / God did, the one who taught me meditation before I even knew that it had a name. It is beyond the scope of this forum, I suspect, and indeed any forum I can think of.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. :)

7. Uplift

Uplift Guest

Interesting

I am interested in these questions, any comments or answers?

8. visibility

visibility Member

To respond to the first part of your post I think you may be confusing pitch (wave) frequency with entrainment frequency. Human hearing falls in the range 20-20,000 Hz and most decent headphones capture this audio range. Entrainment pulses can be of any pitch frequency that is audible (ie. 20Hz-20kHz), but vary in terms of beats (cycles) per second, also measured as frequency in Hz. Thus an entrainment pulse of 10Hz simply means it pulses 10 times per second, independent of pitch.

9. Bryan555

Bryan555 Member

I have a technical question that few members will probably be able to answer -- unless Raven is still around? I notice in the FAQ that Lifeflow considers the CD and MP3 versions equally effective. But I wonder how that can possibly be...as CD files are normally MUCH larger than the compressed MP3's, which are made from them.

In the case of Lifeflow, for instance, I'm assuming the one-hour CDs must be about 350-400 MBs. Most MP3s of similar length are only about 50-60 MBs. That's a huge difference! So it's hard to believe that nothing is lost in the transfer.

Can someone please check, and let me know the size of the downloaded, 40-minute, MP3 version? I'm trying to decide which version to order. It would be a big help.

Much thanks....

10. GilesC

GilesC Member

As visibility says, it's not about the frequency of the sound waves being produced, but how they interact with each other to produce beats. As a very simplistic example, if someone strikes a drum you hear that sound, and if they're doing that once a second then that is a beat of 1Hz. Likewise, in the entrainment tracks, for binaural beats, the sound waves from the left and right, are out-of-sync just enough to produce a beat X number of times per second, as required. The sounds themselves are of higher frequency, but it's this out-of-sync (interference) pattern between the two that causes peaks and troughs in the sounds creating a slower beat frequency.

Hugs

Giles

11. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Bryan,

Yes, the sound quality of MP3's cannot be the same as that produced on CD and the downloaded file sizes are obviously going to be smaller than what would be produced as a WAV file (uncompressed sound data) from a CD. However, that fact doesn't detract sufficiently from the quality of what we hear and has no effect on the entrainment beats due to the lower frequencies of them (see my post above).

The downloads are just as good as if you were to buy the CD's and you won't notice any difference if you were to try both.

Hugs

Giles

12. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

13. Bryan555

Bryan555 Member

Much thanks to you both. Very helpful. But, just for my interest, could anyone tell me -- in MBs -- how big the MP3 downloads are? I'm trying to get some sense of how much they are compressed, compared to CDs.

Tough decision. I'm very picky about sound...

14. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Bryan,

They are all (I think all, I've checked the first few anyway) 54.9 Mb in size, 40 minutes long and sampled at 192kbits/s

:)

Hugs

Giles

15. mulgrew68

mulgrew68 Member

is there any levels after lf1

I just started lf 10 im enjoying it just wondering what you do once you reach lf 1 after you finish

16. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Welcome to the community mulgrew68 :)

Glad to hear you are enjoying LF10. Each LifeFlow level builds a solid foundation for the next. Feeling comfortable and familiar with each level and noticing a difference in your daily life (feeling calmer and handling life's situations more easily) is a good sign that you are ready to move on to the next.

When you have spent time in all the LifeFlow levels you will be ready to gain the most benefits from the bonus gamma tracks Nirvana and Awaken. You gain access to the gamma tracks when you download LF1

Then LifeFlow becomes a lifelong aid for you. It's a very special part of my day still after 7 years - I don't know where I would be without it and the benefits have been far more than I ever imagined. I personally use all the levels (at different times of course) Here's an example of how another member continues with LifeFlow:-

"Hi, I went through your entire series over the past year...1 track per month. I now generally listen to my favorites like LF3, Creative Flow, Optimal Learning, or the Nirvana/Awakening Gamma tracks. I just want to give you some feedback on my excellent experience with the Lifeflow series.

I have been meditating for over 15 years. I am a practitioner of Raja Yoga Meditation. I have had a revolutionary year. It's like my spiritual progress has gone to the next level and of course everything in my reality is mirroring that. It began last October when I got into Chaldean Numerology and journaling with my other hand. I went for a meditation retreat in India where a yogi introduced me to Brain Entrainment. She used Holosynch I believe. I went with LifeFlow because of the speed of which I could move forward in the levels and the affordability. In some resects the results are subtle and gradual in other respects they are powerful and instantaneous. The first time I listened to Creative Flow, I felt an influx of relaxation...I could literally feel relaxation harmones flood my system. With Optimal Learning, I use it whenever I want to ultra focus without the struggle of 'getting there.' The gradual subtle effects include a noticeable difference in my creativity and flow, my sense of humour, my way of thinking. I feel like I grasp the significance of things more easily. My strengths and gifts are more apparent than ever. I feel like a light being of enthusiasm and optimism. Life Flow has been integral in my transformation over the past year. I'm sure it has contributed to me opening my mind more and pursuing more activities that enhance my path to purpose. I've gone deeper into law of attraction, manifestation, integration of our conscious and subconscious sides and so on. I guess the proof is in the pudding. Along with the Artist's Way and other great resources including LifeFlow I wrote my first music album in years and am recording now in studio. I also picked up painting. My happiness and sense of well being and direction have greatly increased.

Thanks so much for this wonderful product. I now use LifeFlow in conjunction with subliminal messaging which seems to be a rad combination as well.

Best Wishes and Thanks from the heart,
    Meniyka, San Diego, California"

Here's the link to Meniyka's post:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...0836-testimonial-my-life-flow-experience.html

Because the benefits of meditation are cumulative, you will continue to benefit in so many ways. If you click on the following link and schroll down to the Brainwave Chart you will see what each level is helpful for:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...ct-meditation/22-brainwave-states.html#post38

Hope this helps, look forward to hearing how you progress and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)