1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

A new beginning

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by shri, Apr 4, 2010.

1. shri

shri Member

Hello All

I 'm glad I bumped into this site. I used to meditate using holosync for almost year and half and then stopped (for a year) - one it was getting expensive and second i thought i already rewired my brain - but now I know i was wrong - because i'm back with being impatient, procrastination, blocks in my progress etc.

But this time i'm start my journey with life flow and after reading about it i feel i have finally found the right combo to achieve my goals. I started straightway with lifeflow 10 - Below are some of my questions and would appreciate an input.

1. Position - I prefer lying down while listening to lifeflow - is that ok?- yes its been a week and I do go to sleep now and then but feel relaxed and energetic when it is over - i do it in the morning as soon i get up.

2. Can i play it in speakers while other noise are around - such as work cubicle, etc?

3. I travel to work using public transit - is it ok to listen to it while on the bus since it is noisy but I would still have my headphones ?

4. Can i listen to it more than once a day?

5. I don't use any mantra's just do a little bit of visual thinking of the state i would like to be at - is that ok?

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Shri and welcome to the Project Meditation forums.

1. Yes, lying down is fine if you're happy doing that. It is more conducive to falling asleep so you may like to try sitting in a comfortable chair instead, with back supported but not the neck.

2. Yes, but over speakers you will only benefit from the monaural and isochronic beats as the binaural beats require the sounds to be equidistant from each ear, hence these ideally need headphones.

3. Yes, absolutely no reason why not.

4. Yes, but try not to overdo it. A couple of times a day is plenty.

5. You can meditate however suits you best, although mantra meditation is known to be one of the most effective forms. Each person will find what is best for them.

Hugs

Giles

3. shri

shri Member

Thanks Giles appreciate the help. I'm in week 2 of Lifeflow 10 and enjoy it so much. But still distracted a lot my mind keeps wandering i guess that will calm down over time.
    :)

4. shri

shri Member

is it time to move to lifeflow 9?

off late the last couple of days i have not been able to feel the trance that i use to sense in the beginning. Does that mean i'm ready to move to the next level of life flow?

current i'm in LF10 - and just downloaded LF9
    :confused:

Also at what stage can i start listening to creative flow or guided meditations? Do i have to get to complete till life flow 1 before I use these?

Thanks

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

I'm afraid that trance is something to avoid rather than promote in meditation... How do you meditate ?
    try it and see if you like it :)
    You can start with creative flow and guided meditations right away. They should be listened to aside LifeFlow meditation, not during. But I never used the guided meditations at all.