1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

A man convinced against his will...

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by pollyanna, Jun 1, 2009.

1. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still - is simply someone who has a rigid "map of reality"

Discovering how certain beliefs systems created self imposed limitations and caused self inflicted suffering is a totally freeing experience :)

Realising this, and then witnessing it with family and friends who visit and talk of all their pain and suffering, makes me want to help them.

However, I have also realised that, if they were willing to change and be open, they could end a lot of self inflicted suffering, only they can make that decision.

Thank goodness I can now accept this, while at the same time respecting their wishes. We can only change ourselves - being frustrated for them doesn't serve them or me...

Now, I am practising the serenity prayer:-

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

If anyone experiences the same I wish you peace, joy, courage and acceptance :) :) :) because finally, I realise how true the saying is that "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still"