The Project Meditation Community Forum is temporarily in a Read-Only state due to maintenance and upgrades that are being applied. Although registration and the creation of new posts are currently not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

We will notify you as soon as our maintenance work is completed,

Have a great day,

Yours for HUGE success
    The Project Meditation Team

A Direct Message Through Lucid Dreaming

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by MetaCognition, Mar 16, 2011.

1. MetaCognition

MetaCognition Member

Last night I had a dream where I was on a bus of some sort, and a character across from me resembled someone that I used to ride the school bus with when I was about 14 or 15 years old.

I've always been fascinated by lucid dreaming and have tried many "tricks" to become fluent in the language of lucid dreams, but most of the time still find them sparked by moments like this where I will just suddenly realize that the moment I am in makes no logical sense. This was one of those moments. I suddenly realized that I rarely rode on a bus, nor had I seen this figure in years, and it became apparent that I was dreaming. I became very excited and thought of all the fun I could have, but suddenly a larger question overtook me.

I decided to ask the dream figure what it was like to be a character in "my" dream. I have ALWAYS wanted to do this in my waking life.

He smiled, laughed slightly, and simply said: "You tell me."
  2. Panthau

Panthau Member

LOL great, thx for sharing :)
  3. Edwin

Edwin Member

Haha, that could rock your world !

Dreaming or awake, we are always actors in a dreamworld. Funny how your subconscious sent you a dream-a-gram like this :D
  4. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

There is a puzzling quotation that opens Herman Hesse's Demian

I wanted only to live in accord
    with the promptings of my true self.
    Why was that so very difficult?