1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

A cheerfull Hello!,from Pamela

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by [email protected], Jul 22, 2008.

1. savbygzus@gmail.com

[email protected] Member

:rolleyes: I'm just learning to use the lap top I bought for Mothers day. Until I get the hang of this my messages may be few and far between. Please be patient I pray!
    I'm 48 yrs.---YOUNG and been married to the same man of 52 for 28 yrs. We've had our ups and downs but thanks to the Holy Trinity, I LIKE THE ROLLERCOASTER. We waited seven years before having our first child, a girl who is now 21 followed by two boys, ages 18 & 16. There's also a small dog we love very much. I praise God for these and cherish our times together.
    I have been blessed to watch our children grow in the Christian school I have worked in since 1982. I teach the three year olds there.
    I believe in God, and worship Him through Jesus Christ His Son and the only mediator between God and man. (2 Timothy 2:5). We are told in Joshua 1:8 to meditate upon His Word day and night so that we can be carefull to do everything written there in. Unfortunately I was never taught how to do this.
    I have prayed and asked for Devine guidance from the Holy Trinity. Even with my ignorance in the computer world I have been brought to this web sight. I pray even now that this is my answer to drawing nigh unto Him as He will draw nigh unto me through the mediation techniques I will learn here.
    In prayer, and high hope,
    Pamela

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Pamela and welcome to this amazing community. I think you will really appreciate the beautiful music and the gratitude exercise on C.D.2 of Discover Meditation. I wish you an abundance of joy and happiness on your journey of self discovery :) :) :)

3. savbygzus@gmail.com

[email protected] Member

Thank you Pollyanna for your reply.
    I have been doing the meditation 10 two times a day since I received it. I also am gratefull for my many blessings daily. Not sure If anythings happening yet through the meditation. It's hard to clear my mind. Even in doing my mantra. "I chose Jesus, Holy Spirit, Father, God, as mine."
    I realize you have been doing this meditation for a while. My whole purpous, or mabe I should say sole purpose, is to connect with my God spiritualy through this meditation. Can you tell me from experience if this is possible? IN John 4:23 God says " A time has now come when true worshipers will worship the Father in Spirit and Truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship in Spirit and Truth. I was told by a seemly wise person, "When we pray we talk to God. When we meditate God talks to us." This sounds like what I'm looking for. But my mind will not quiet enough to here. I do have some issues I deal with. And after I read my Bible and pray I do meditate upon His Word, then listen to the music. Love the sounds, feel peaceful, sleep pretty good.But I felt those things even before meditation.
    Am I doing anything wrong? Could I possibly be on a lower\higher level of vibration than the music is giving me?
    Thank you again for responding. And any inpute would be greatly appreciated.
    Still in hope,
    Pamela

4. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Pamela,
    I am sure you are doing fine. Meditation is a process and like all processes it takes time. Time to get used to doing something different. Time to get comfortable with it. Even time to get comfortable with your chosen mantra.

Some things that helped me are these:

Have a regular place to spend your quiet time.

Set in the same manner or same chair.

DO NOT have ANY expectations about what meditation will be like because it will invariably be different than one would think.

Cast aside your expectations and let God (as you understand Him) set the agenda for your meditations.

Let the thoughts whirling in your head play themselves out without judgement nor concern. Do not fight them in the least. This is a peaceful, relaxing period for you not a place to do battle.

Keep your mind open to all possibilities. You will be amazed at the things you have real knowledge of.

If you are new to actual meditation, try backing it off to 10 min. twice a day for a time. You will intuitively know when to extend your quiet time.

An unruly mind will drive one bonkers while trying to set still. Again, it takes time.

It all starts with one drop in the pond.

Gus

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Pamela, I think Gus has given some real good advice there. Maybe a mantra sound that has no meaning to your mind will allow your mind to clear more easily.

I definately think you are trying too hard and I completely understand because your beliefs are strong. Maybe before you meditate with LifeFlow next, just think and accept "Thy will be done" It may well be that you will notice many other benefits in your daily life before you make the spiritual connection you are searching for.

If you just go with the flow your meditations will bring you what you need and remember you have nine more deeper levels. Take your time with them, enjoy and I wish you an abundance of joy on your spiritual journey of self discovery :) :) :)