1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

A brief moment...

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Edwin, Jan 6, 2009.

1. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Absolutely brilliant Edwin - I am so pleased for you. Nirvana to me is sheer Nirvana :p :p I totally agree with you and Michael though, LF really sets you up for it and I think Michael is magic for giving away with LF1 - it's the icing on the cake to me - simply delicious. Peace, joy and an abundance of Nirvana to all :p :) :p

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

I agree to a point that not caring is a way into enlightenment. You only don't care about thoughts anymore. When you aren't pre-occupied with all the insignificant junk-thought racing through your head ( much like the chatter at the start of my meditation that I need to not-focus on ) you see the bigger picture. Knowing the bigger picture, you simply let go of the unimportant thoughts, and allow the important ones to stay.

But then you enter into a state of super-care, of being increasingly caring about the real important stuff, it engulfes you so to speak. I have only known this for 3 times ( more like 2,5 times because the 3rd time was more an afterglow of the second experience ) but I do know that saying " enlightenment is not caring " even tho that seems true at first, contradicts the amazing feeling you get after that.

But whatever road we choose, when you are ready it will come, and I wish the same for you :)

3. Maribo

Maribo Member

Thanks! But no, there are no important thoughts, stuff, whatever - seeing any of them as important is caring too. Things just ARE - and that's all there is...

4. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Wow Edwin! What a wonderful secret! :p I had to chuckle to myself when I read that you've been using the gamma tracks!

5. bushell

bushell Member

Hi,Im Helena
    Have been reading your notes on enlightenment and also the Gamma tracks which sound great. Really have enjoyed and have been interested in what you have written and also some of the notes posted by others.
    We are all wanting to learn and find enlightenment and it is a pretty exciting path really.
    I had a rather strange thought the other day - I was thinking about how we all create our own reality and thought that as we grow and become more enlightened we constantly change our reality and it hit me that maybe the ultimate truth and reality that we seek - in the end - is created by ourselves and that the ultimate truth could be different for each of us
    Just a thought.
    All the best Helena

6. Alison88

Alison88 Member

Gamma

Hi Edwin

Great to hear about your experience with the Gamma tracks.

I'm just awaiting the Gamma track on CD which was being given away (free)for one day only yesterday - upon logging onto the site, there was an offer to purchase (for around $77) a second 'Nirvana' CD at the same time, if you wished to do so. Did you receive them both? Would you say one is only good when used in conjunction with the other?

Would be very grateful to hear what you think.

Kindest regards.

Alison

7. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Edwin I appreciate you sharing your latest adventure into the world of the spirit.

gus

8. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

"Hey Edwin"

Edwin,
    I thought I posted this on Friday, but I apparently didn't OR something strange happened to my post. Earlier on this thread, you wrote something that resonated with an earlier memory of mine. Your wrote:

Another Zen master got enlightened when he overheard this conversation at the market:

"Butcher, give me a pound of your best meat"
    "All my meat is the best, there is only the best meat"
    ( from memory from one of Eckhart Tolle's books )

What you wrote reminded me of a couple of scenes from the movie "The Last Samurai." Here is the dialogue from the movie. Take care. --Keith :)

SCENE: Cherry Tree Forrest

(Algren makes his way through a stunning cherry forest near the village. The pink and red blossoms are dazzling and abundant. Other villagers can be seen gathering cherry blossoms.

It is a place of otherworldly beauty.

It is all so beautiful that Algren just stops. Takes it in for a moment. He reaches out and touches a blossom.)

KATSUMOTO: A perfect blossom is a rare thing...

(Algren turns. Katsumoto is kneeling nearby, meditating.)

KATSUMOTO: You could spend your life looking for one. And it would not be a wasted life.

ALGREN: Were you praying?

KATSUMOTO: Just sitting... I do not think I have the word. Satori it means, maybe, awareness.

ALGREN: Of what?

KATSUMOTO: This moment alone, apart from all others ... You know this?

(Algren shakes his head)

I am writing a poem about this time we hive spent. I have only written one line on "His eyes were like my own but seen through a deep and troubled ocean." Can you suggest a second line?

ALGREN: I'm not much of a writer.

KATSUMOTO: Is this why you spend so much time with your journal?

SCENE: End of Final Battle

KATSUMOTO: You must help me. Hold it firmly...

(Algren supports Katsumoto as he holds the sword's point firmly to his stomach.)

KATSUMOTO: Are you ready?

ALGREN: No, Kaishaku.

(Katsumoto looks at him deeply, warmly.)

KATSUMOTO: We will ride together again.

(Katsumoto embraces Algren firmly. The sma1l sword impales him. Algren holds him tightly. Katsumoto is looking over Algren's shoulder as he dies. Katsumoto sees something. A look of joy and absolute peace comes to his features.)

KATSUMOTO: (whispers) It is perfect... They are all perfect.

(His eyes close. He is dead. Algren gently kneels with Katsumoto's body. He holds him for a moment and then turns to see what Katsumoto was looking at. . . Cherry blossoms. . . A display of perfect beauty.)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  9. Edwin

Edwin Member

Somehow I get the feeling that we both mean the same but get lost in translations somewhere. I can't seem to capture into words what I mean.
    Words are meaningless in that sense, or they become that when you realise it.

The more I try to explain, the more I seem to point in a different direction, while I am sure that when we look each other in the eye, all we would need is to look and smile and "know" together.

10. Edwin

Edwin Member

I did receive them both. To be perfectly honest, I am not sure exactly what track did the most for me.

The one being given away is, for as much as I know, the sounds of water and eastern chimes or maybe those big scale's that sound like bells somehow.
    When turning up the base, in the far distance you can hear entrainment, almost like the buzzing of a bumblebee.

The other one, the one that is now called "Nirvana" ( the Beta was still just called Gamma 1 ) is unlike any other LifeFlow track I have ever heard.
    The first time I heard it I thought it sounded like the synthesizer sounds you sometimes hear when a magical moment happens in movies, like a sunrise over mountains, or a miracle being done by an angel. In the rear you hear hints of melody's from flute's. It is so inspiring, so wonderfull, so... religious almost...

Both of them, only in terms of the sounds and how they affected my moods, were wonderfull, even tho I have to admit I more oftan listen to the Nirvana track.

But that is not what you asked, you wanted to know if I considered the Nirvana one worth buying.
    If you were lucky enough to be the one receiving the first track, I would suggest to test it first for a while. And please post your personal experiences here.
    It may very well be that that track alone will be enough to trigger the same or deeper experiences than mine.

I have been listening to both, and can't say anything about which one was most helpfull. I wish I could !
    It may even be that I am wrong about LifeFlow Gamma helping me, even tho I don't consider that likely ( not being wrong, which I am, frequently, but being wrong in this case ;) )

I think I am right about the tracks, having helped me with my moments of Satori as Keith described in his quotes from the last samurai movie.

together with meditation, and books like "The Quiet" from Paul Wilson, or "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle, it must have it's effect on more people than just me.

11. Alison88

Alison88 Member

Thank you so much Edwin for your reply - it really is appreciated.

Kindest regards.

Alison

12. Edwin

Edwin Member

:) you are welcome