1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

a book and movie i suggest to the open minded

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by zeroordie505, Nov 8, 2008.

1. zeroordie505

zeroordie505 Member

to anyone who likes movies and books about life meditation and what reality really is then i suggest the movie what the bleep do we know it was a very good biography in my eyes it runs in line with what meditation does with ego' and what your thoughts and others thoughts accually do to us.

the book is also very good and talks about why ego effects us so much,.
    the book is just like the movie but since its a book it creates a better visual on the subject. both the book and movie are usually not found good by people
    who only like books and movies with plots and a story line. the 2 are informational things.

but the book name is: A New Earth awakening to your lifes purpose'
    AUTHER: Eckhart tolle. this book has nothing to do with any religion niether does the movie but they are very good ones i read and watched both

2. Peaceful Warrior

Peaceful Warrior New Member

nutty professor

I have seen "what the bleep"

It's an interesting film!

I like the nutty professor :D

3. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

I agree. I found the Bleep movie fascinating! I'd love to understand quantum physics a little more....not that I'm ready to delve into a deep, difficult to read physics textbook! :rolleyes:

4. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

Ditto

Hi,

What the bleep is great and the "rabbit hole" edition includes hours of additional interviews with many of the scientists.

I would add on the Quantum Physics side, the book by Lynne McTaggart (who is featured in the movie) - "The Field", she delves deep and references all the studies in the back of the book. Because, like most of us, she doesn't speak Maths as a first language - necessary for a complete understanding of what cannot be understood aka - Quantum Physics, she interviews the scientists then by way of analogy, explains it as it was explained to her, she also wrote an interesting follow on called "The Intention Experiment"which delves into scientific research into intention (also covered in What the Bleep).

As spiritually uplifting movies go "ONE" is outstanding, made my a Mis-Western US man, a friend and a family member who have NO experience in movie making but succeed in interviewing many of the great thinkers and spiritual leaders of our time, really a nice movie, makes you think but at the same time very entertaining, it won several awards.

Last but not by any means least - Way of the Peaceful Warrior, staring non other than Nick Nolte,Scott Mechlowicz and Amy Smart, a really well made movie based on Dan Millman's book of the same name. The story line is Mindfulness based and follows a student and unlikely but incredibly mysterious teacher, based on a true story....really, really good.

That should keep those of you subject to being snowed in this time of year busy for a while:)

5. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

I've seen the Bleep movie and thought it was well worth watching twice!

Bhavya,
    There is an excellent book out about physics written so lay people can understand the concepts. It is written by none other than Dr. Stephen Hawkings, professor of physics at Oxford University. The title is A Brief History of Time. It is an excellent book that I highly recommend to anyone remotely interested in their relationship to the universe. I think it is awsome. Good illustrations too.

gus

6. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Thanks Coenrad and Gus. I'll check out both books and the movies. My kids are coming home for the holidays so maybe we can watch one of the movies together. It can be hard to find films that aren't adrenaline based or Hollywood-ish. As a Pisces, I really have to watch my intake due to an addictive nature. I'm definitely happier when I stick to what nourishes me spiritually but can be drawn into entertainment that sucks me in and takes me out of awareness! :rolleyes:

Bhavya

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  7. Peaceful Warrior

Peaceful Warrior New Member

Thanks for that recommend Gus! :cool: