1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

A bit of fun...

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by jeanie, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Ravo

Ravo Member

G'day All,

Love the thread, my contribution :

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones that you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore!

Mark Twain
    :)

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

Here some quotes from a less known Zen master:

Promise me you’ll never forget me because if I thought you would I’d never leave.” Winnie the Pooh

“”I don’t see much sense in that,” said Rabbit.
    “No,” said Pooh humbly, “there isn’t. But there was going
    to be when I began it. It’s just that something
    happened to it along the way.””
    Winnie the Pooh
    You haven’t lost your smile at all, it’s right under your nose. You just forgot it was there.”
    Winnie the Pooh

“Love is what makes two people sit in the middle of a bench when there is plenty of room at both ends” Winnie the Pooh

“Some love one, some love two. I love one, and that is you.” Winnie the Pooh

“It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like “What about lunch?” Winnie the Pooh

If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.” Winnie the Pooh

Don’t underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.” Winnie the Pooh

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie the Pooh

“You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”
    Winnie the Pooh

“Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.” Winnie the Pooh

Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” Winnie the Pooh

3. daisy3

daisy3 Member

Some inspirational ones

"opportinuty is missed by most people because it is dresses in overalls and looks like work"-Thomas Edison

lots of people want to ride with you in limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus when the limo breaks down- Oprah Winfrey.

never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up
    -Reverend Jesse jackson

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

"The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitude."
    William James

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

"Having never left the house you are looking for the way home"

Nisargadatta Maharaj
    Source: I Am That

6. daisy3

daisy3 Member

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away"- Will smith in "Hitch"

7. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Attitude

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company… a church… a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past… we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you… we are in charge of our Attitudes.”

Charles R. Swindoll

8. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Angie's Quote

"Be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you."

Lao Tzu

shine on :)

jim

9. Darag

Darag Member

One of my favourites

There is not sinner without a future and no saint without a past.

10. berni.landl

berni.landl Member

Love and stillnes

"When I see I am nothing, that is
    wisdom. When I see I am
    everything, that is love. And
    between these two, my life flows."
    - Nisargadatta Maharaj

I am just learning...but this touched my heart
    Hi I'm Berni...Nice to meet you

11. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Berni, nice to meet you too :) Love and stillness aaaaahhhhhh or oooommmmmm Thanks and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

12. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid.

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid.

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. Aoccdrnig to the rsceearh taem at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a word are, the olny iprmoatnt thing is that the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it wouthit a porbelm. This is bcuseae the human mind deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Scuh a cdonition is
    arppoiately cllaed Typoglycemia. Amzanig hun? Yaeh and you awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.
    Tihs is jsut one of the anazmig tnighs yuor mnid can do. :) :) :)

13. merlin

merlin Member

"If you are carrying strong feelings about something that happened in your past, they may hinder your ability to live in the present" Les Brown

14. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

This is so true Merlin. I really like the inspiring life story of Les Brown. Don't know his exact quote, however I read something in one of his books that said "Every day is a great day if you don't wake up with a white chalk line around your body!" How true...

So, here's to "giving thanks" a little "flow" and "letting go" :) :) :)

15. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Just found this on You tube Merlin. It's one of six videos. I recommend watching them all - if not, at least 1 and 6 He won't be for everyone but I love this guy's spirit - enjoy :) :) :)

YouTube - Les Brown (1 of 6)

16. beth

beth Member

This is my decade! XX

17. GilesC

GilesC Member

My plan is to live forever.
    So far so good. :D

18. Cuddles

Cuddles Member

The thing you set your mind on is the thing you become ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

and my favourite....

Seduce my mind and you can have my body, find my soul and I'm yours forever ~unknown

:D

19. merlin

merlin Member

Thanks pollyanna I watched them all and what a story. He is so :cool:

20. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

"If we have the opportunity to be generous with our hearts, ourselves, we have no idea of the depth and breadth of love's reach."

Margaret Cho