1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

20min vs 40min

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by simon21409, Jun 4, 2014.

1. simon21409

simon21409 New Member

i wanted to here peoples opinion on the 20min version vs the 40min.

i would like to know peoples preference

simon

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Simon and welcome to the community :)

you will benefit with either Simon. It's far more important to be consistent even if you only have 15 minutes a day, because the benefits of meditation are cumulative.

You can do one 20 minute meditation or two a day or 40 minutes if you prefer.
    It's often good to do just 10, 15 or 20 minutes in the beginning for anyone who has had a lot of trauma in their life.

The main thing is to be consistent. Look forward to hearing how you progress and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

I agree with Polly, you should do what suits you.
    It's common for people to start small, say just 10 minutes and then built up to at least 20 minutes of meditation. Many people stick with just 20 minutes, but some will happily sit for 30 or even 40 minutes, and the odd few going for a full hour. Of course it can also depend on how much time you have spare in your daily routine.

Project Meditation makes 20, 40 and 60 minute versions of the tracks, though you don't have to listen to the full thing to benefit... as the entrainment starts from the beginning of the track right to the end, so you are free to choose.