1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

2012 - A Message of Hope

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Ramai, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Ramai

Ramai Member

2. olmate

olmate Member

The original meaning of the word "hope" is absolute certainty...

Olmate

3. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hope implies wish for change. That happens on an individual basis. Besides that, everything is fine as it is. No need to judge or change anything, unless theres a wish for change on an individual basis.

I try to learn to love and accept what is. Because it is there for a reason, to learn and grow. Isnt it? :)

4. Boris Badenov

Boris Badenov Member

My two cents

Peace denotes a lack of change. If you hope for change then you won't have peace. Reflect on this.

5. GilesC

GilesC Member

... but things can change to become more at peace. ;)

6. Panthau

Panthau Member

Well... that sounds like its the normal state as a human to have piece. I´d rather say, its the normal state to have a need for change. Reflect on this ;)

7. olmate

olmate Member

For me it is about the connection between the conscious and unconscious. In the conscious we see a world with war and peace, adversity and prosperity, happiness and sadness.

Yet in the stillness and silence, it does not matter. Through the mantra (in my case) a wellstream is sent down ever deeper which provides a connection.

Having established the conection, it matters not whether a wild storm is raging or the ground is parched dry or a spring bloom is singing. The deeper the wellsping goes down it brings clarity, stillness, self-knowledge, the great gift of compassion and the inner stillness needed for ever-more complete attention, more generous transcendence. The mantra imperceptibly progresses through the interspace of stillness, between the waves of thought and of the inner life.

With time it brings an authentic poverty where I learn simply to be. Experiencing this lovely reality enables me to endure many setbacks and disappointments along the way. There will be times of defeat. But even when I seem to be regressing, growth is happening if there is faith at work. In the darkest night an invisible light still shines.

That is peace. That is hope.

Olmate

8. Ramai

Ramai Member

Hi Olmate,
    Are you referring to the Divine Darkness?

Thank you.
    Happy New Year to All of U.
    Love,
    Ramai

9. olmate

olmate Member

Hi Ramai,

I don't know. Intuitively the focus is... straight and narrow is the path... Waste no time. Gloria in Excelsis Deo!

Beyond that it seems to be a case of "becoming the prayer". But in any event, the focus quickly comes back to the path.

So sorry, I can't really identify what it is. The path just continues around another bend. Or as Robert Frost so eliquently puts it, two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference.

Olmate