1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

20 Minutes Are Up

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by multiverse, Jul 11, 2009.

1. multiverse

multiverse Member

The only way to alert myself to the end of 20 minutes is a jarring kitchen timer. What other way can I alert myself? I have a computer handy. Sorry if this is in the FAQ.

2. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

This is kind of unofficial, as I don't work here, but I use Cool Timer from Harmony Hollow software (requires MS Windows). I have set it up to play a soft classical MP3 file once it has counted down. Yes, it kind of blends with the LifeFlow track until I turn it off, which sounds ugly, but it does the trick. And it's free and requires minimal fuss to set up. I am sure you can find something similar for your computer.

It is kind of handy to have if I for some reason don't have the time to go through a full track, or if I'm worried that I might fall asleep. But it probably would serve your use as well.

I don't think there is any official product for this use, except for the Discover Meditation free course which has a number of timers. These simply consist of a set number of minutes' silence followed by a soft sound to signal the end of the period, and is used for silent meditation without LifeFlow.

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

What an interesting question.
    To be honest, I've never had to use any timer to end my meditations. Even when I've done silent meditations, I've simply started by stating to myself the current time and the time I want to end the meditation and the majority of times I come out of the meditation within minutes of the required time, if not exactly on it.

Our body clock is typically very accurate, and can quickly get used to the time we wish to spend meditating.

Obviously, if you're having problems that you are falling asleep that could be another matter. ;)

Hugs

Giles

4. multiverse

multiverse Member

It just occurred to me that I could download a pleasant cell phone chime and use the the timer on my celly. Thanks for the feedback.