1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

2 sessions with LF10

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by robchoc, Aug 8, 2008.

1. robchoc

robchoc Member

I have done 2 sessions with LifeFlow10 and on each one, with the best will in the world, I seem to loose consciousness at some point. When I realise this has happened I have to almost pull myself back into a conscious state in order to repeat my mantra again with as full a focus as possible. But then eventually the inevitable happens and I zone out again. This keeps happening in my sessions.

To me the CDs make it feel as though it is harder to meditate and as a result I am having to work a lot harder. Is this the whole idea behind it? I would liken it to a weightlifter using weights to build their muscles. Without the CDs I can stay conscious for over an hour in a meditative state. With, it feels like more of a challenge.

Rob

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Rob, many fall asleep (I used to do) in the early days. I'm sure this will change shortly for you. I think what helped me was simply going with the flow and accepting whatever happened. I noticed yet didn't analyse all the different sensations and vibrations I experienced in various parts of my body - it was just a nice rest in the middle of the day.

The things I noticed the most were how I became so much calmer in situations throughout the day and how simply I made quick decisions. Just enjoy whatever happens and if your mind is clear and your mantra has disapeared, that's good. I found the focus on the mantra helped me to not focus on my busy thoughts initially. I hope that makes some sense for you.

How long have you meditated for and do you notice any benefits in your daily life? I wish you much peace and inner joy :) :) :)

3. robchoc

robchoc Member

Hello Pollyanna,

Thanks for the reply.
    I will do some more sessions and post back about how things are going.

I have been meditating off and on (more off than on) for about 5 years.
    I seem to start and then I get bored and give up and this seems to be a vicious circle that I'm in. I move from system to system (this is yet another one) in the hope that I will find something that does not make me lose interest. This is the first time I am trying this sort of technology to help you meditate. I totally realise the benefits of meditation, but it's just sticking to it to receive any sort of benefit.

Rob