1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

1st of many

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by sogno, Jan 29, 2009.

1. sogno

sogno Member

Nooo:D 2nd time i type this thread, the 1st one disappeared just minutes before completion!

I am going to have to keep this one short as the first one when on a bit and as I don't like typing ;)....

I'd like to buy the lifeflow2.0 course, merely because, after listening to the downloaded sample, which I listen to every single night in bed (using my mp3 player), I have finally and I mean it 'FINALLY' managed to fall asleep almost immediately. I listen to it twice consecutively, making it a 30 minutes long session.

I have been having sleep problems for a number of years now, and at once time, I used to have sleep paralyses too (not nice).

I believe that our reality is created by our thinking, and with regard to this, I don't trust my own thinking

Getting a bit serious now, I have been practising Buddhism (I rather keep the type of Buddhism I practise to myself, just for now, as I would not want to give the wrong idea as it is not always easy to correctly explain stuff through emails). I chant twice per day, attend meeting, study and offer my time to the highest good of all, which to me is the happiness of EVERY single individual on earth, no exception!!

My question here is whether it is ok to do the course as well as chanting twice daily? I would NEVER want to abandon my Buddhist practice as it is the most AMAZING thing I have ever done in my life. Problem is that I suffer from depression (on and off) and I don't take any medication for it as I don't believe in that approach (lets leave that for an other thread). I also have recurring stress (very high at the moment) and consequently I get very anxious (I have lots of fun too in between ) Unfortunately, when depressed, stress or anxious, I cannot motivate myself at all, meaning no chanting, no meeting, etc.

I am not looking for something to replace my practice but merely for something to do hand in hand, keeping my practise always as No 1 priority.

Looking forward to your thought on the above.

Many thanks,

Sogno

P.S. just as well I said I was going to keep it short he he:D

2. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Hi Sogno and welcome :)
    I've found that using Lifeflow and doing other practices to be very compatible. I do yoga in the morning, then some chanting and finally Lifeflow. I find they complement each other very well. I've been using the tracks since the summer and am pleased with my progress like so many others here on the forum.
    Wishing you the best, :):)
    Bhavya

3. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

yoga & LifeFlow

Sogno,
    I can't imagine LifeFlow doing anything but enhancing your chanting. I do physical and verbal Salutations to the Sun daily.

Bhavya,
    I started practicing yoga in April of 2008. I was introduced during a work stint in Sacramento CA. I fell for it nearly immediately. The interesting thing is how much my yoga practice has changed and become more meaningful with the onset of LifeFlow practice as well.
    gus

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  4. sogno

sogno Member

Hi Bhavya and Hi Bashmaki

Thank you guys for your reply.

I have been listening to CD10 for a week now and I am totally amazed by the results. I did not espect such a quick turn-around...My stress level has decreased, I really do fall asleep now and wake up feeling not so depressed. I am performing better at work and (shockingly) I stay at work later than I have done for a long time as (again shockingly) I am not longer frightened of it ! And this only by listening to CD10 for 1 mere week! Wow! I am sooo looking forward to the wonders to come with the other levels.

I haven't felt so relaxed for ages! And it is true what you both said, my chanting experience has been enhance, I feel a greater joy now when chanting.

Thank you for your support!

Lots of love to you both
    Sogno

5. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Sogno I'm delighted that LF10 is having such a positive effect on you. It sounds like you're ripe for positive change. And doing it!

Gus, I love yoga too. I wonder if, a few years from now, everything will be flowing for us. Maybe it'll all be spiritual practice - walking the dog (in my case, walking the cat :p) putting out the laundry...being in the moment, aware, heart open.... joyfully :)

Wait a minute, what's preventing that from happening now? Nothing I'd say. :rolleyes:

What a thought ;)

6. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

I don't know about you all; but I think I'm a hard sleeper! :confused: