1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

1st Day of LifeFlow 10 - Overwhelmed by self-realisation

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by sharonhy, Oct 30, 2011.

1. sharonhy

sharonhy Member

Hi, I'm new to LifeFlow and after trying LifeFlow demo for a week, I decided to try LifeFlow 10 yesterday. It was a great experience, but I was a bit overwhelmed.

See last night I had three very vivid dreams very closely to the situations that I'm trying to deal with in my life. They obviously disclosed to me what my subconscious and intuition want me to know and do. But the solution it offered was very sad for me to accept.

You know, after living in default for a long time, when when you suddenly become so aware and conscious and clear thinking, you find it difficult to adjust.

Anyone has any similar experience and any suggestions on coping with that?

2. iciek

iciek Member

Hello Sharonhy

Solutions can often be hard to accept which can indicate a desire to cling on to something that is not otherwise sustainable.
    In the past, especially at work, if a situation was giving me trouble I would always ask/pray for a resolution that was satisfactory to all concerned. I had to accept of course that it may not be what I wanted and sometimes had to give way to the other party. In every case I got resolution within 24/48 hours in ways I had not contemplated. You must be prepared to let go and if your intentions are selfless things will pan out satisfactorily in ways you might not have imagined.

3. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi sharonhy and welcome to the community :)

Here's a really informative link which will be of great help to you:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...nciples-meditation-entrainment.html#post12298

I have released a few hugely supressed emotions when I have woken from dreams over the last few years. The first time this happened, I knew I had let go of something big and got up about 6a.m. and wrote three A4 sheets describing the experience.

I think we have all experienced the occasional bad dream when you wake up feeling paralysed with fear at what is about to happen. We tend to think, thank goodness it was only a dream and the next day, because the dream was so disturbing, we perhaps tell a family member or a close friend. Maybe we do this because when we were little we probably told our parents of such things and they would make everything right again :)

So the first time this happened, I was about to thank goodness it was just a horrible dream, when I remembered what Michael had said about observing the sensation and not to focus on the story of the dream. I realised this was an opportunity to try and observe unemotionally.

Now, I remember feeling that if I could have the courage to just allow these feelings of fear and try to unemotionally accept and observe them, the outcome would be good, though I was not sure at the time. I observed the sensations only (did not give any attention to the story) for what seemed quite a long time and noticed how these sensations moved within my body, until they vanished after a while and I just realised they were deep seated sensations attached to betrayal and desertion.

For me, learning how to observe the sensations which accompany negative or supressed emotions has allowed me to let them go and be free. The first time it took a lot of courage, probably because I had never done this before, however, the outcome was like unchaining a millstone from around my neck.

I hope this is of help to you and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

How long are you meditating with LifeFlow each day? Maybe if you have a lot of things to deal with, you may find it best to half your meditation time and/or listen to LifeFlow without headphones for a while

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  4. sharonhy

sharonhy Member

Thanks everyone for the great advices. I know what I need to do is to observe the emotions surfacing and see the unpleasant ones go. I'm amazed by how meditation with LifeFlow could expose so much about myself so fast, so I am prepared that before all the past baggage go it would be quiet a ride, especially when new things come everyday too.

I tried meditating for a year but wasn't regularly and was never very successful. But LifeFlow really makes a difference so I'm doing it more regularly.

I think I tried 40 minutes the 1st day and 2nd day I cut it to 20 minutes. Actually wasn't able to do any yesterday but I'll try my best to do it at least once everyday. What's the best amount of meditating for a beginner? It said to listen to LifeFlow 10 a hour per day for at least a month, but after the 40 minutes one I already find myself a bit difficult to "get out".

Thanks again for all your help!