Project Meditation Community Forum

Go Back   Project Meditation Community Forum > Project Meditation Community > Meditation Chatter Box

Download Discover Meditation LifeFlow Meditation Technology - Free Sample Golden Threads
How to fast track your way to meditation success Project-Meditation Success Stories
FAQ LifeFlow Download Center
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2008, 17:35   #1 (permalink)
Scotsman (Offline)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7
Default Strange sensation when meditating

I was hoping someone could shed some light on the following experience I have when meditating especially when I'm concetrating on my Chakra's.

As I work my way up my body I get a sort of vibrating/tingling sensation in the centre of my forehead just above the brow.The deeper I go with the meditation the stronger the sensation gets. It also happens without meditation but only when I'm very concious and aware of my presence.

I'm pretty new to meditation and I'm just finding my way with it so I was hoping somebody could possibly explain this for me.
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on FacebookGoogle Bookmark this Post!Stumble this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 19:38   #2 (permalink)
Edwin (Offline)
Member
 
Edwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Posts: 1,869
Default

Is it an unpleasant feeling ?
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on FacebookGoogle Bookmark this Post!Stumble this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 21:52   #3 (permalink)
DreadHead (Offline)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9
Default

yea i know the feeling. might be common, but i don't know it's nature..
i often enstrenghten it even, cause it can easily carry you very very deep..
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on FacebookGoogle Bookmark this Post!Stumble this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 12:02   #4 (permalink)
Scotsman (Offline)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7
Default

Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
Is it an unpleasant feeling ?
It's not unpleasant, just a bit strange.
It's like a gauge, the better the meditation session the stronger the vibration. The vibration can last for hours afterwards especially when I've completed a Chakra meditation.

I've looked online and I've read some info on the Pineal Gland which is located in the centre of the brain and supposed to be linked with the Third Eye. This supposedly vibrates when stimulated.

If anyone has another theory I would love to hear from them
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on FacebookGoogle Bookmark this Post!Stumble this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 12:53   #5 (permalink)
Edwin (Offline)
Member
 
Edwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Posts: 1,869
Default

Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
It's not unpleasant, just a bit strange.
It's like a gauge, the better the meditation session the stronger the vibration. The vibration can last for hours afterwards especially when I've completed a Chakra meditation.

I've looked online and I've read some info on the Pineal Gland which is located in the centre of the brain and supposed to be linked with the Third Eye. This supposedly vibrates when stimulated.

If anyone has another theory I would love to hear from them
Actually I was thinking the same thing !

In a way I am a bit jealous even, since I don't have a "meditation-succes-gauge" like you

Stimulating the Pineal Gland seems to be exactly what you want to do, since the hormones produced by this gland are amongst others natural drugs, and may be the very hormones you need for deep relaxation !
Also the hormones Michael talks about that are beneficial for your health are said to be located there...

Could you describe for us what your meditation looks like, start to end ? I want to see if copying your meditation will create the same effect with me !
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on FacebookGoogle Bookmark this Post!Stumble this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 14:03   #6 (permalink)
lebourdonant (Offline)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand at the moment
Posts: 13
Default whouhou

This is niiiiice,

If you meditate on your forehead and you feel your forehead, then you have chi there, the more you pack in a place the more you will feel it. where your mind goes the chi follows.

I would say do not focus on hormones, they are a by product of meditation that the whole body would feel, not just the specific location.

try the following: with your eyes closed, smile into your eyes and into your forehead.
smile behind your eyes.
Look into the darkness and smile to the back of your head, (the jade pillow).

(did you try to spiral your finger in front of the tingling sensation?)
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on FacebookGoogle Bookmark this Post!Stumble this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 14:17   #7 (permalink)
Edwin (Offline)
Member
 
Edwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Posts: 1,869
Default

Originally Posted by lebourdonant View Post
This is niiiiice,

If you meditate on your forehead and you feel your forehead, then you have chi there, the more you pack in a place the more you will feel it. where your mind goes the chi follows.

I would say do not focus on hormones, they are a by product of meditation that the whole body would feel, not just the specific location.

try the following: with your eyes closed, smile into your eyes and into your forehead.
smile behind your eyes.
Look into the darkness and smile to the back of your head, (the jade pillow).

(did you try to spiral your finger in front of the tingling sensation?)
Interesting stuff lebourdonant !

I know I might sound like an idiot now, but smiling into my eyes... how would one do that ? Do I simply think positive and concentrate on my eyes ? actually smiling with my mouth in the process ?

Just wanted to make sure I understand you correctly
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on FacebookGoogle Bookmark this Post!Stumble this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 15:12   #8 (permalink)
Scotsman (Offline)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7
Default

Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
Actually I was thinking the same thing !

In a way I am a bit jealous even, since I don't have a "meditation-succes-gauge" like you

Stimulating the Pineal Gland seems to be exactly what you want to do, since the hormones produced by this gland are amongst others natural drugs, and may be the very hormones you need for deep relaxation !
Also the hormones Michael talks about that are beneficial for your health are said to be located there...

Could you describe for us what your meditation looks like, start to end ? I want to see if copying your meditation will create the same effect with me !
Edwin I always begin by listening to a guided Chakra clearing CD. I work my way up from the root Chakra visualising each one (as mentioned you are guided through this) and by the time I reach my Third Eye Chakra I have this strong vibrating sensation in the middle of my forehead. I can see my Third Eye through visualisation and ask it to open fully for me. I don't have any real secret to how this happens it just does.

By the time I'm finished with the Chakra meditation I listen to Life Flow 10 for 20-30 mins and as mentioned the vibration can continue as long as I remain present and focused.

One of the main changes for me has been working on my presence & oneness with everything around me in my day to day life. I have recently read Eckharte Tolles The Power of Now and am currently reading New Earth. These books have totally changed my outlook and how I perceive life and I highly recommend them to all (read Power of Now first)

I don't know if that is of any help but I'm pretty new to all this and I'm just trying to find my way and understand as probably you are.

I can't see a private message facility on this forum but if you want the name of the Chakra clearing CD (bought from Amazon) you can e mail me at sam_d101@hotmail.com as I do not want to mention other products on this forum.

Last edited by Scotsman : January 9th, 2008 at 15:29.
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on FacebookGoogle Bookmark this Post!Stumble this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 16:11   #9 (permalink)
Scotsman (Offline)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7
Default

Originally Posted by lebourdonant View Post
This is niiiiice,

If you meditate on your forehead and you feel your forehead, then you have chi there, the more you pack in a place the more you will feel it. where your mind goes the chi follows.

I would say do not focus on hormones, they are a by product of meditation that the whole body would feel, not just the specific location.

try the following: with your eyes closed, smile into your eyes and into your forehead.
smile behind your eyes.
Look into the darkness and smile to the back of your head, (the jade pillow).

(did you try to spiral your finger in front of the tingling sensation?)
lebourdonant thanks for your thoughts on this, it's appreciated. I'm with Edwin here, could explain the smiling into your forehead method. I don't really understand how to achieve this.

Also, I will try to Spiral my finger when I next meditate.
What sort of reaction should I be looking for ????
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on FacebookGoogle Bookmark this Post!Stumble this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 18:18   #10 (permalink)
Edwin (Offline)
Member
 
Edwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Posts: 1,869
Default

Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
Edwin I always begin by listening to a guided Chakra clearing CD. I work my way up from the root Chakra visualising each one (as mentioned you are guided through this) and by the time I reach my Third Eye Chakra I have this strong vibrating sensation in the middle of my forehead. I can see my Third Eye through visualisation and ask it to open fully for me. I don't have any real secret to how this happens it just does.

By the time I'm finished with the Chakra meditation I listen to Life Flow 10 for 20-30 mins and as mentioned the vibration can continue as long as I remain present and focused.

One of the main changes for me has been working on my presence & oneness with everything around me in my day to day life. I have recently read Eckharte Tolles The Power of Now and am currently reading New Earth. These books have totally changed my outlook and how I perceive life and I highly recommend them to all (read Power of Now first)

I don't know if that is of any help but I'm pretty new to all this and I'm just trying to find my way and understand as probably you are.

I can't see a private message facility on this forum but if you want the name of the Chakra clearing CD (bought from Amazon) you can e mail me at sam_d101@hotmail.com as I do not want to mention other products on this forum.
Wow that is some interesting stuff for me to look into !
I have sent you an email, and I have to say I think it is quite discrete of you to not want to promote other products in this forum !

Pollyanna also refers to some very interesting books somewhere in this forum, I have quite a library to go through, but if they all do for me what meditation has done so far, I have quite a future ahead of me
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Share on FacebookGoogle Bookmark this Post!Stumble this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.0 RC2

All times are GMT +3. The time now is 11:28.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8 Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.1.0
Project Meditation - A Website Created By Mind and Body Research Institute LLC